Risk Management & Assessment
Organisational Diagnosis has a wide understanding of operations in high Reliability Industries. We fully understand that all operations around them leave many degrees of freedom for choice by the actors close to the sharp end of an accident. These degrees of freedom must be resolved by assuming additional performance criteria that appear to be ‘rational’ to a task analyst or decision maker at any level. They cannot, however, foresee all local contingencies of the future work context. These constraints are often not known at that time by systems designers and management echelon.
We can guide you into a proactive risk management strategy with:
- A study of the normal activities of the actors at the sharp end who are preparing the landscape of accidents, during their normal work, together with an analysis of the task features that shape their decision-making behaviour.
- A study of the present information environment of these actors and the information flow structure analysed from a control theoretic point of view.
- A Review of the potential for improvement by changes of this information environment.
- Guidelines for improving these aspects within the work environment for different classes of risk sources and management strategies.
- Assist you in the taxonomy of your hazard sources and then propose relevant safety control strategies.